This is a modified recipe I thought of from my Basic Vanilla Cupcake recipe. I had a bag of grated coconuts I urgently need to use up before it expires next month and the beautiful lemons I bought recently was just a perfect match. You can always switch the use of lemon to orange if you like but I would not recommend grapefruit as you would then need to adjust the amount of sugar used.
These taste really good for the summer. Its absolutely refreshing and perfectly decadent! I love it to the max!
(Makes half a dozen)
3 teaspoon grated coconut
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp grated lemon skin
1 tsp lemon essence
80grams self-raising flour
80grams unsalted butter
1/2 tsp corn flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
200ml whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. In a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar till fluffy.
3. Then add butter and beat till creamy.
4. Sift the flour, baking soda and corn flour then fold very gently.
5. Add grated coconut, lemon juice, lemon essence and lemon zest then fold gently again.
6. Put into oven to bake at 165°C for 20 minutes.
7. In a large bowl, add vanilla bean to whipping cream and whisk till thick and creamy.
8. Place the whipped cream in a piping bag and do a nice swirl on the cupcake.
9. Decorate your cupcake with sifts of cocoa powder or you can do sprinkles of small candies.